Friday 11 January 2013

"50 Cent? I wouldn't pay 2 cents to listen to this!" - In Da Club Mini Review #1


     This song, if that is what people call it, is probably the single worst song/music video I’ve ever come in contact with.  The lyrics are annoying, 50 cent is extremely conceited and the entire piece of music is completely offensive.  To begin with, the lyrics are lacking.  They have no connection to the storyline (he’s created as a super-rapper or something) and focus on himself.  Nobody else could pull off singing an entire song about how cool he is, but that may be because nobody can actually understand what he’s saying.  Or maybe it’s because people get distracted by the nearly clothe-less women?  He seriously sings about “ladies saying ‘50 you hot’”, and “My crib, my cars, my pools, my jewels”.  Lyrics like these fit my next point: his narcissistic personality.  The video consists of him showing off his abs.  I don’t care how muscle-y you are, I don’t need to see a slow motion shot of your abs moving as you run. 
If this photo doesn't prove how narcissistic he is, nothing will.

Another thing is that he focuses on is how many girls love him.  His “appeal” is apparently very strong, or according to him it is.  Every girl in that club is all over him!  I wish it was just his vanity that made this song bad though.  The worst part (and the biggest problem) is the vulgarity of the song.  The lyrics talk about drinking (“You can find me in the club, bottle full of bub”), taking drugs (“roll that weed up”) and having sex (“I'm into having sex, I ain't into making love”).  I’m embarrassed that I ever listened to such a rude song!  He shows terrible morals by making these things sound cool; this is why others think doing drugs is okay!  The video isn’t any better than the lyrics.  The women - who act as attractive objects instead of real people - just sit there or walk across the screen looking pretty in barely any clothing.  They are there for the men’s entertainment and nothing else. 
I never needed to see this!  Is it really necessary to show so many trampy girls in one video?

It really disgusts me that anyone would make a music video/song like this.  The video is sickening, the artist is egotistical and the lyrics are scarring.  Maybe it is partially because I dislike rap so much but “In Da Club”, in my opinion, gets a 0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment